Sunday, February 20, 2022

An Evening with Minoru Kawasaki!

Minoru Kawasaki poses with a poster for Planet Prince 2021. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On Saturday, February 19, I attended an event with director Minoru Kawasaki. Kawasaki-san is best-known for his low-budget kaiju romps that often feature luminaries from Showa-era tokusatsu productions. The movie of his I'm most familiar with is Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit (2008), which was released on DVD in the U.S. back in the day.

It was a fun event with a few familiar faces who often attend such gatherings. Kawasaki-san showed me some materials from his next movie, which looks just as wacky as anything else he's done. 


 I wasn't able to see the screening of his new film Planet Prince 2021, which is his version of Prince of Space, but I hope to check it out soon. Overall, it was a very fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment