Wednesday, June 2, 2021

'The War in Space' Comes to an Unusual Place!

A Gohten poster from The War in Space found in the wild in Ikebukuro. Photo by Brett Homenick.

A few weeks ago, I was visiting Ikebukuro's Sunshine City with a friend when I noticed something interesting. Outside a small shop was a poster from Toho's The War in Space hanging on its wall. I didn't have my camera handy at the time, but today I returned to photograph it.  

The store is called Itchomeichibanchi Yorozuya, or the First District, Block 1 General Store. The poster is tacked on the wall outside the shop, so you don't even need to enter the store to see it. It's surrounded by a lot of children's toys, which I suppose is appropriate for the movie. 


It was quite surprising to see a War in Space poster hanging in a random shop, but that's part of the fun of being in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment