Sunday, September 27, 2020

Back in Town!

Masamitsu Tayama playing the guitar. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On Friday, September 25, I was able to take in a performance by Masamitsu Tayama, which I was long overdue for. Tayama-san was supposed to have a show last October, which was cancelled at the last minute due to the massive typhoon that hit the Kanto region at the same time. Earlier this spring, he was scheduled to have another concert to make up for the cancellation, but it too was postponed (due to the coronavirus). Suffice it to say, the timing was really awful.


Thankfully, there were no typhoons to speak of, and Tokyoites seem to have learned how to manage life with the coronavirus (more or less), so this performance went on as planned. I noticed that the crowd for this show was about half that of previous concerts, which I guess is to be expected. I didn't mind that, of course. The smaller, the better!

It was another great performance. After the show, I got to spend a few moments with Tayama-san, who's always great to see in person. I just hope the next show won't get cancelled!

No comments:

Post a Comment