Saturday, April 27, 2019

Meeting a Daiei Actress!

 Keiko Takahashi. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight, I was fortunate to attend a special event with actress Keiko Takahashi (nee Keiko Sekine). Born on January 22, 1955, Takahashi-san made her acting debut in 1970 at Daiei Studios. Takahashi-san has a variety of credits, including co-starring with Masaaki Daimon in Yasuzo Masumura's Play (1971), starring in Snow Country Elegy (1971), directed by the Gamera series' Noriaki Yuasa and written by Niisan Takahashi, appearing in Kei Kumai's Rise, Fair Sun (1973), co-starring with Masao Kusakari in Toho's Kanda River (1974), and acting in Masumura's thriller Dynamic Islands (1975). She was a regular on the hit TV program Howl at the Sun! (1972-86) as Shinko Uchida.


I'd never met Takahashi-san before, but what really surprised me was how excited a number of attendees were to meet her. One even had tears in his eyes at the end of the evening! I was glad to talk to her about Dynamic Islands, which I saw a few years ago and quite enjoyed. I wish I'd asked her about Noriaki Yuasa, but maybe next time.

All in all, it was a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment