Tuesday, April 19, 2016

VISITING KAPPABASHI! Kitchen Town in Asakusa!

The giant chef keeps a watch over Kitchen Town in Asakusa, Tokyo. Photo by Brett Homenick.

I love seeing weird, offbeat things. I've known about the giant chef head in Kappabashi (Kitchen Town) in Asakusa, Tokyo, for quite some time, but I'd never had the time to check it out. Since I went to Asakusa earlier this evening, I finally decided to see and photograph the giant chef head.


In many ways, it's like the giant Godzilla head that sits atop the Hotel Gracery Shinjuku. (The chef head was here first, of course.) It has nothing at all to do with monsters or even movies, but if you enjoy seeing giant things in Japan, it's certainly worth a look-see.

These cool street lights in Asakusa were a welcome sight at night. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Kitchen Town is just a few blocks down from Exit 3 of Tawaramachi Station. While nighttime isn't the ideal time to visit it, Asakusa goes out of its way to make it worth your while. How cool are those street lights?


One of these days I'll come back during the daytime. I still enjoyed seeing it at nighttime. Definitely fun to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment