Wednesday, February 18, 2015

THE FIRST HALF OF FEBRUARY IN REVIEW! The Month Isn't Over Yet, But Here Are Some Highlights!


The month of February is moving at a rapid pace, and while the month is drawing to a close, it's not quite there yet. Still, I wanted to share of the highlights of the month that I haven't covered elsewhere, so here we go.

First, I spent Sunday, February 15, with my friend Jon Gallock in Tachikawa. Jon appeared in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995), among countless other movie and TV appearances in Japan. We had a great time catching up on many topics. Actually, it was the first time I got to see Jon since moving to Tokyo last year!


On February 17, I got to visit actor-singer Shinichi Yanagisawa at the HUB in Asakusa. Yanagisawa-san and his band often perform jazz music there, and it's always a treat to go there and visit. I was able to hand Yanagisawa-san a copy of his recently published interview, and he was excited to receive it. Many thanks to Kyoichi Watanabe for his translation and his friendship!


Yanagisawa-san is a great man, and I think it's wonderful he still performs on a regular basis. I hope to see many more shows during my time in Tokyo. I feel very fortunate that I've gotten to know Yanagisawa-san as well as I have. As one of the stars of The X from Outer Space (1967), it has certainly been my privilege to know him.


That's all for now. Stay tuned to this blog for further updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment