Saturday, September 6, 2014

WANTED! More Readers Like...

Actor Yosuke Natsuki peruses G-FAN #107, which features his lengthy interview with yours truly. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On the afternoon of September 5, I was privileged to have lunch with Yosuke Natsuki at an Italian restaurant in Tokyo. Having received a few copies of the latest G-FAN, the lunch was an opportunity to present Natsuki-san with a couple of the magazines. But that's not all!


Among the other goodies I brought, I gave Natsuki-san a poster for the Shacho series comedy Salaryman Chushingura (1960), in which he co-stars with Toho heavyweights like Akira Takarada, Keiju Kobayashi, Hisaya Morishige, and others. In return, Natsuki-san gave me a few DVD copies of some of his rarer films.


Asako Kato (who very ably translated the interview) and I enjoyed our meal, and afterward we visited Natsuki-san's office to continue the conversation.


As Natsuki-san spoke on the phone with a fellow Toho alumnus, I snapped some photos. Some of them turned out quite well! I'm finally getting the hang of this new camera.


It was a great afternoon, spent in the company of a wonderful gentleman. I always enjoy our meetings, and I hope many more will be coming in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment