Monday, June 30, 2014

LUNCH WITH WATARU MIMURA! The Godzilla Series Scribe and I Share a Meal!

Yours truly and Wataru Mimura at a Japanese restaurant, about to share a meal.

This afternoon I had the privilege of having lunch (and later coffee) with screenwriter Wataru Mimura. Mr. Mimura wrote the scripts for Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993), Orochi the Eight-Headed Dragon (1994), Godzilla 2000 (1999), Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000), Godzilla against Mechagodzilla (2002), and Godzilla: Final Wars (2004).

We swapped stories and talked movies. Mimura-san graciously gave me a couple of DVDs. I was ecstatic to receive them. Lunch (and coffee) were on me, of course.

Mimura-san will be attending the Japanese premiere of Godzilla (2014) in July. Suffice it to say, he's very excited, as I am for him. I look forward to hearing his review!

No comments:

Post a Comment