Thursday, September 5, 2019

A Live Performance in Tsukiji!

Actress Yumiko Tanaka, in front of several congratulatory bouquets of flowers. Photo by Brett Homenick.

I just got home from a live stage performance in Tsukiji starring actress Yumiko Tanaka, who appeared in Kamen Rider Super-1 (1980-81) as Harumi Kusanami and also can be seen in Godzilla 1985 (1984). It was a comedy performance, and due to my work schedule, I was only able to catch the last 30 minutes, by which time the main performance had finished, and most of the performers were singing and dancing.


After the show, I got to spend a few moments with Tanaka-san. She asked if I saw the main show, but I had to admit that I missed it due to work. Still, I'm certainly glad I made it out. Tanaka-san is a lovely person, and I never miss a chance to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment