Sunday, November 19, 2017

ULTRAMAN SAGA! Key Crew Members Reunite to Discuss This Millennium-Era Ultraman Movie!

Screenwriter Keiichi Hasegawa. Photo by Brett Homenick.

After the Ultraman Taro event, I attended a special dinner event that was preceded by a screening of Ultraman Saga (2012). I saw Ultraman Saga theatrically when it was released in Japan, and since I didn't have a lot of motivation to see it again, I decided to skip the screening.

Editor Akira Matsuki. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On hand were Ultraman Saga screenwriter Keiichi Hasegawa and editor Akira Matsuki. As readers of this blog know, I've met Hasegawa-san on several occasions, and he's always a lot of fun to hang out with. In fact, his appearance at this event was the main reason I attended.


The highlight for me was talking Godzilla with Hasegawa-san. Not only did he write GMK (2001), but he also grew up a fan of Godzilla. He saw Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (1966) in real time, which was his first Godzilla movie. I also had a blast talking about Godzilla vs. Megalon with him, everything from Jet Jaguar to Seatopia.


While a bit more soft-spoken, I also enjoyed meeting Matsuki-san for the first time. It's rare to meet film editors at such events!

What a busy weekend it was. Now it's time to catch up on sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment