Tuesday, June 20, 2017

THE GUILALA GUY IN CONCERT! Shinichi Yanagisawa Sings Jazz!

Shinichi Yanagisawa on the drums. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Earlier tonight, I went to the HUB Asakusa after work to catch actor-singer Shinichi Yanagisawa's live jazz show. As always, it was an excellent show, and his All-Stars proved once again that they are a great jazz band.


I mentioned to Yanagisawa-san that I heard several of his announcements he recorded for the Laputa Asagaya, in which he talks about upcoming films that would be playing at the theater. He got a big kick out of that. I'm sure he didn't expect that!


For those of you not in the know, Yanagisawa-san played Miyamoto in The X from Outer Space (1967), which is easily his best-known film in the States. It's always a blast to see him live and in person, and I'm jazzed to do it all over again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment