Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MEETING KEIKO MARI! Hanging Out with the Star of Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster!

Keiko Mari in Matsuya Ginza for a flower arrangement event. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Today I had the privilege of meeting Keiko Mari for the first time. Mari-san stars in Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster (a.k.a. Godzilla vs. Hedorah, 1971) as Miki Fujiyama. She appeared at Matsuya Ginza as part of a flower arrangement event.


Mari-san spent quite a while talking about various subjects, although (given the language barrier, of course) the topics were quite limited. In particular, she talked about the photos I took at Akira Takarada's birthday event. She mentioned some of the stars I met and seemed especially interested in my photo with Yumi Shirakawa. At one point, she described the picture in detail to her friend. I was quite surprised, to say the least!

Overall, I found Mari-san to be very friendly, and she happily signed the items I brought.


I also got to see Mari-san's flower arrangement that she made for the event. As you can see, it's quite beautiful!

I'm very hopeful to see Mari-san again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment