Monday, November 18, 2013

SAVE THE DRAMA FOR MIE HAMA! Meeting a True Toho Legend!

One of the highlights of my time in Japan was getting the privilege of meeting retired actress Mie Hama.

During my first foray into Hakone, I was lucky enough to meet Mie Hama (King Kong vs. Godzilla, King Kong Escapes, numerous Crazy Cats comedies) at a public event. Readers of this blog know Hama-san's various Toho credits, but internationally she is best known as Kissy Suzuki in the James Bond actioner You Only Live Twice (1967), in which she stars opposite Sean Connery. Though it was limited to 30 people, I made arrangements early enough before the event sold out.


Although autographs weren't part of the event, photo opportunities were, which of course was very cool. The talk show itself was rather brief, but the experience of meeting Hama-san made it well worth it. She was very warm and kind, and I hope for the chance to meet her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment