| Screaming Mad George in his Osaka workshop in May 2019. Photo by Brett Homenick. (Got that, Fangoria?) |
"Plagiarism running rampant!" -- Dok Hendrix, WWF Action Zone (1995)
This isn't exactly plagiarism, but it's close enough, and it needs to be addressed.
Fangoria used a photo I took of Screaming Mad George in his Osaka workshop in May 2019 without any attribution and -- worst of all -- put a Fangoria watermark on my photo. I mean, I've been stolen from before, but rarely has anyone been so bold as to slap that kind of trash on my stuff.
![]() |
| The trash in question. |
Fangoria's lack of journalistic standards has been evident for decades, but this is too much even for a rag like that. How pathetic. Instead of celebrating the life of Screaming Mad George, I have to take these dunces to task for their sticky fingers. And these people have the audacity to call themselves journalists?

Wouldn’t taking them to task involve reaching out to them and identifying yourself as the owner of the photo? Or is it preferable to just smear them on social media for clout and attention?
ReplyDeleteTell you what: Next time Fangoria steals from me and tries to pass off my work as their own, I'll be sure to check with the anonymous true believers of the Glorious Gore Rag before I lodge any sort of complaint in order to ensure that I don't offend the thieves. Here, you can have my 15 minutes of clout back.
DeleteGenzo- Hey missing man!! Allow me to ask why you are giving the upper response any time of your day? Anonymous boy needs to realize after he looks in the mirror and sees an old, broke, irrelevant almost Homeless piece of shit, that Fangoria has been a joke for 28 years now. The whole Planet knows this, except this idiot. We can surmise who Mr. Mouth here is, .. This fucking dirtbag can only dream of what me and you have done in Godzilla fandom. Nice to feel good about Plenty of Money in the bank, a real future, and the loyalty of lifelong friends. Fuck this guy and everyone else failing at life and who thought they were somebody, but in fact are a laughing stock .Talk to you soon brother!
DeleteResponding to Mr. Mouth is an act of charity, as irrelevance is a hard reality for most folks to accept. Now he can't say I never did him any favors. I'm only happy that I gave him a momentary distraction in between bouts of crying in the shower and signing autographs to himself.
Delete