Monday, October 30, 2017

GODZILLA STORE OPENS! But Will Tokyo Ever Be the Same?

 In case you didn't know... Photo by Brett Homenick.

October 30 marked the grand opening of the Godzilla Store Tokyo. Located on the first floor of the Shinjuku Marui Annex Building (just outside Shinjuku-sanchome Station), it brings the latest Godzilla goods directly to you in convenient, one-stop shopping. 

It's actually more like a corner than an actual shop, but the line to get in was so long that I just snapped photos from the outside. Truthfully, I didn't see anything there that particularly interested me. (And I wasn't going to wait in that line even if I did!) If you're a hardcore collector, the Godzilla Store will likely appeal to you, but for non-collectors like me, it was easy for me to walk away empty-handed. Anyway, here's what you can find there.








2 comments:

  1. Brett, you're not a collector? I'm surprised to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess I do collect DVDs and paper items, but that's about it. I certainly don't collect the toys, though.

      Delete