Sunday, March 12, 2017

TAC IS BACK AGAIN! An Evening with Mitsuhiro Sano!

Mitsuhiro Sano poses with a friend. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

The night after visiting Shunichi Okita's establishment, I went to the bar owned by Ultraman Ace actor Mitsuhiro Sano (a.k.a. Koyo Sano) on the evening of March 11. Sano-san played TAC member Kozo Yoshimura on Ultraman Ace (1972-73) and has guested on numerous tokusatsu shows over the years.

Singing karaoke with a TAC member! Photo by Brett Homenick.

Sano-san and I followed our usual routine of trading karaoke songs. We did an impromptu duet of The Proclaimers' "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)," which was followed up by Sano-san's rendition of "500 Miles" by Peter, Paul & Mary. Sano-san also performed "Massachusetts" by the Bee Gees (which has become a staple of these get-togethers), while I tried my hand at "Stayin' Alive" (with lackluster results). 


It was another fun evening with a super-friendly gentleman, and I can't wait to do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment