Tuesday, September 27, 2016

SUPER FESTIVAL 72! Ultraman Ace Strikes Back!

An honest-to-goodness Ultraman Ace suit actor poses for photos with fans. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Sunday, September 25, saw Super Festival 72 take place. The event was largely based on Ultraman Ace (1972-73), given that the show was recently given the Blu-ray treatment from Tsuburaya Productions.


I have to admit that this Super Festival seemed to lack the energy of most of the others I've attended. By the time I arrived, it felt like a considerable number of dealers were already closing up shop. To make matters worse, most of the familiar faces I've become accustomed to seeing at Super Festival were nowhere to be found.


Return of Ultraman suit actor Eiichi Kikuchi was the lone exception. I spotted him posing for photos with an Ultraman figure before we took our own photo.

Return of Ultraman suit actor Eiichi Kikuchi. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

In the picture below, do you notice the Color Time sandwiched between us? Kikuchi-san thought it would make a nice addition to the photo.


Also on hand was Kamen Rider series actor Toru Okazaki, who starred in Kamen Ruder Amazon (1974-75). His line was long, and given that I had nothing for him to sign, it didn't make much sense for me to start waiting in it. Still, I got to snap some photos as he signed autographs for others. He seemed to be having a wonderful time.

Kamen Rider series actor Toru Okazaki. Photo by Brett Homenick.

While browsing the various tables for things for sales (and spending money I always promise myself I won't), I noticed this guy hanging around.


It's still the worst thing to happen to Godzilla, but I couldn't resist taking its photo. I'm sure someone out there actually likes this design, but I can't even begin to imagine who that might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment