Sunday, January 25, 2015

FRIENDLY FACES IN JAPAN'S CAPITAL! A Recap of My Reunion with Old Friends!

With my old friend Ulf Otsuki at an Indian restaurant in Tokyo. It was great to see Ulf again after having missed him for a long time.

Today (January 25) I had the distinct privilege to pay a visit to my old friend Ulf Otsuki (Godzilla vs. Megalon). It's been a long time since I'd last seen him, so I was eager to catch up with him. Thankfully, it was just like old times!


Ulf was in great spirits, and he recently filmed a guest spot on Kamen Rider Drive that will air on February 8! For those of you in Japan, be sure to tune in!


Ulf was being interviewed by a writer for a Japanese magazine, and (naturally) Ulf's career in SFX movies and TV shows was the main focus. While the interview was going on, I snapped many photos of Ulf as he was deep in thought. I'm very pleased with the way they came out.

All in all, it was a very pleasant day, and I hope to see Ulf again before too long.


On January 22, I met director Yoshimitsu Banno for dinner at a Japanese restaurant. It had also been a while since our last meeting, which was understandable, given that 2014 was a big year for Banno-san. To be honest, the Godzilla talk was kept to a minimum, as we conversed about other subjects, such as Banno-san's upcoming projects as well as Toho in the 1960s.


It was another wonderful evening, and I was able to assist Bannos-san on certain projects he is working on. I always enjoy visiting Banno-san, and it is truly rewarding to be able to offer him help on his projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment