Sunday, May 31, 2020

Hangin' with a Gaijin Superstar!

Tony Cetera. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On Friday, May 29, I was able to spend an afternoon with a gaijin actor whom I met for the very first time. Tony Cetera has lived in Japan since the early 1960s, and his credits include a wide variety of films, ranging from the Toho tokusatsu epic The Last Days of Planet Earth (a.k.a. Prophecies of Nostradamus, 1974) to the Sonny Chiba actioner The Street Fighter (1974). It was certainly a joy to speak with him about his career.


I'd known about Tony long before moving to Japan, and I'd always figured that when I moved here, he'd be one of the first I'd connect with. So you can imagine it still surprises me it took this long to make it happen. But good things come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment