Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Jazz Returns to Asakusa, Courtesy of the Swing All-Stars!

Shinichi Yamagisawa. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Last night (February 18, to be precise), I was able to return to the HUB in Asakusa for another live performance by Shinichi Yanagisawa and His Swing All-Stars. Due to work commitments, I missed the previous one in December, the first time I had missed a performance since October 2014.

Shinichi Yanagisawa on drums. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

This was actually a rare opportunity for me because I was able to attend all three sets in their entirety. (I usually arrive toward the end of the first set or beginning of the second one.) As usual, it was another excellent show.


Yanagisawa-san is best known for his role as Miyamoto in The X from Outer Space (1967), but he's so much more than that. He's also talented drummer and vocalist who can sing in Japanese and English. I'm very fortunate to know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment