Sunday, August 11, 2019

Back to 1966 ... Again!

Bin Furuya. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight, I attended a special event with Bin Furuya (the original Ultraman suit actor) and Tsuburaya Productions cameraman Masao Nakabori. I attended a similar event about two months ago. As before, the focus was on the making of the original Ultraman (1966-67).


I arrived fashionably late (I'm always on the move, you know), but shortly after I arrived, I was treated to an interesting sight. Nakabori-san pulled out a model VTOL and demonstrated how the staff of Ultraman would manipulate them with piano wire.

Masao Nakabori. Photo by Brett Homenick.

During the demonstration, Furuya-san took the model and held it in his hand, as if he had just rescued it from a monster attack. Naturally, just about everyone in attendance pulled out his or her camera for that scene!


Overall, it was another great evening, although I came home completely drained after all the running around I did today.

Furuya-san rescues a damaged VTOL. Photo by Brett Homenick.

And that's a wrap! See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment