Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Three Toho Alumni: The Greatest Battle on Earth!

Teruyoshi Nakano. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Sunday, January 13, saw a great Toho SFX event with three alumni from the Showa era: Teruyoshi Nakano, Keiko Suzuki, and Takashi Naganuma.


All three guests were a lot of fun to hang out with. Naganuma-san brought his trademark humor to the proceedings and kept me laughing most of the time I was around him.


I was grateful for the opportunity to ask SFX script supervisor Keiko Suzuki a few questions about her Toho work. I learned quite a bit of new details about the making of a few Godzilla and other Showa-era SFX films. Quite enlightening!


Last but not least was Teruyoshi Nakano. What else can I say about the Toho SFX legend that hasn't been already said? Let's do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment