Saturday, October 28, 2017

ATTACK OF THE TOHO TITANS! A Trio of Toho Greats Converge for the Evening!

From left to right: Toshio Miike, Fuyuki Shinada, and Shinji Nishikawa. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight, I was privileged to spend the evening in the company of three Godzilla series alumni who work behind the camera.

Shinji Nishikawa shows off his amazing Biollante rendering. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Kaiju designer and illustrator Shinji Nishikawa was on hand, and I found myself the proud recipient of the above Biollante illustration. It is truly remarkable!

Toshio Miike. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

Also there was SFX art director and production designer Toshio Miike, whose credits date back to the Heisei series of Godzilla (and Gamera) movies, though his most recent credit in the series is Shin Godzilla (2016).


I've run into Miike-san a few times this year at various events, and he is always a great guy to chat with me. It was enjoyable talking about our favorite Godzilla movies. (Miike-san is quite partial to Monster Zero and Destroy All Monsters).

Fuyuki Shinada. Photo by Brett Homenick.

In a bit of a suprise, Fuyuki Shinada returned and joined the festivities. I guess he must have enjoyed himself last week enough to come back!


As always, he (like the other guests) was a blast to hang out with.


I really enjoyed seeing Nisjikawa-san illustrate Biollane, but I was floored when he gave the illustration to me. If anything is too cool to have, that would have to be it.

Suffice it to say, tonight was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment