Friday, June 16, 2017

TAC IS BACK, JACK! Paying a Visit to Ultraman Ace's Mitsuhiro Sano!

Ultraman Ace's Mitsuhiro Sano poses with an old friend. Photo by Brett Homenick.

I visited the bar owned and operated by Mitsuhiro Sano (a.k.a. Koyo Sano) again tonight. Sano-san played TAC member Kozo Yoshimura on Ultraman Ace (1972-73). Given that it was Friday evening, more people than usual were in the bar, which added to the fun of the proceedings. It's pretty safe to say that we all enjoyed ourselves.


Karaoke was, of course, part of the festivities. This time around, I mostly let everyone else do the singing. Sano-san, however, invited me to do a duet of the Bee Gees song "Massachusetts," which is an old favorite of his. To be honest, Sano-san is the only reason I even know of the song, but I've heard him sing it so many times now that I know it pretty well. It was great fun!


Given that I have to get up for work tomorrow, I headed out a bit earlier than I would have liked. But when you've got bills to pay, you gotta go to work.


That's all for now. Stay tuned for more fun from the Land of the Rising Sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment