Friday, June 2, 2017

OSAKA CASTLE REDUX! Paying Another Visit to This Godzilla and Gamera Location!

Osaka Castle. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

A bit less than two years ago, I made my first visit to Osaka Castle. On May 31, while I had some time left over during my recent trip to Kansai, I decided to give Osaka Castle another look. Most Godzilla fans know it from the battle Godzilla and Angilas had in Godzilla Raids Again (1955), but lest we forget, Barugon also froze it in Gamera vs. Barugon (1966). Suffice it to say, the castle has seen its share of kaiju action over the years.


During this visit, I made an effort to find specific angles used in Godzilla Raids Again. I was pleased that I was able to find a few, but there are certainly more to find. Perhaps I'll find the rest in a future trip.

Osaka Castle's Sakuramon Gate. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

Sakuramon Gate is featured in Godzilla Raids Again, as the audience sees the fierce battle between Godzilla and Angilas rage behind the gate.

Osaka Castle's Sengan Turret. Photo By Brett Homenick.

Sengan Turret is also seen in Godzilla Raids Again, as we see the two massive kaiju battle in the background, while Sengan Turret sits in the foreground.


This angle of Sengan Turret is likewise seen in the film, and once again we see Godzilla and Angilas duking it out behind the wall.

And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment