Sunday, April 16, 2017

SHOJI MORI ON EDO! The Daiei and Toho Actor Talks Old Tokyo!

Actor Shoji Mori reacts to a comment by an audience member. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

Shoji Mori is a film and television actor whose career focused largely on period pieces. He performs in several Daiei and Toho films from the 1970s, but his career on TV dates back to the mid-1960s. Among his motion picture credits are: Zatoichi and the One-Armed Swordsman (1971), Woman Gambler's Iron Rule (1971), Zatoichi in Desperation (1972), and Slaughter in the Snow (1973). On television, Mori-san appears on episode 3 of Kamen Rider Super-1 (1980-81), and episode 3 of the third season of the Shin Zatoichi TV series (1979), as well as other roles too numerous to name.


On April 15, I attended a lecture given by Mori-san on Edo culture. It's always fascinating to hear these lectures, but I wish I could understand so much more.


After the lecture, the above photo was taken. Suffice it to say, I had a lot of fun, and I need to brush up on my Edo knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment