Friday, October 28, 2016

ANOTHER COINCIDENCE! A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Work!

With actress Tomoko Ai in Chicago during the summer of 2014.

During my years in Japan, I have met several actors and filmmakers by sheer coincidence, usually on trains or in train stations. In most cases, I'd already met them, so they already knew who I was.

Today was another such coincidence. After I got on the train and sat down on the way to work today, I looked up and noticed none other than actress Tomoko Ai, the star of Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975), sitting across from me. It was my first time seeing her in a long time, and shortly after I noticed her, she spotted me, and invited me to sit next to her.

We talked until I had to get off at my stop. It was certainly great to see Ai-san again, and we both had a good laugh over the amazing coincidence.

I've bumped into both stars of Terror of Mechagodzilla in my neighborhood this year alone. What are the odds?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment