Wednesday, August 31, 2016

TOKYO STATION! A New Look at This Godzilla Location!


In the last few years, Tokyo Station underwent a massive renovation that makes it look less like a train station and more like a castle fit for a king. Perhaps that's why the filmmaker behind Godzilla Resurgence (a.k.a. Shin Godzilla) selected it as the scene of the climax for the latest adventure with the King of the Monsters. (See what I did there?)


While exploring the city yesterday, I happened upon the station quite by accident, but since it's featured prominently in the new film, I decided to snap a few photos.


It truly is unlike any other train station I've seen in Japan. I vaguely remember what it was like before the renovation, and it was nothing like this.


It's certainly worth checking out if you're visiting Tokyo, even without the connection to Godzilla Resurgence. It's definitely much easier on the eyes than Shinjuku Station!

No comments:

Post a Comment