Sunday, November 1, 2015

VARIOUS SCENES FROM TOKYO! Out and About in Japan's Greatest City!

Akira Ifukube's former residence, the place in which the maestro wrote numerous film scores. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Today proved to be a busy day, as I visited many places around the city. The first stop was the home of famed Godzilla series composer Akira Ifukube. After snapping a few photos, I moved on to my next destination.


My next stop was Akabane Station, and there I saw a few interesting things. Halloween's barely over, yet Colonel Sanders is already decked out in his best Santa gear! Couldn't he at least wait until after Thanksgiving?


At Akabane Station, several plastic masks were on sale of several familiar tokusatsu and anime characters. No, I didn't buy any, but given the low price, I have to admit it was a little tempting!


Next on the agenda was Tokyo Dome City. I enjoyed walking around and taking in the sights. The autumn air was just a little chilly, but given that autumn is my favorite season in Japan, I enjoyed it. It sure beats the searing heat of the summer!


I visited Tokyo Dome City to photograph filming locations for the Godzilla series. But more on that in the next blog post!


After that, it was off to Shibuya for some fine dining and some shopping. My feet were killing me at the end, so I was glad to come home when I did.


Shibuya was much quiter compared to last night. I'd imagine most of the revelers are still asleep. I was pleased to see that most of the garbage from the previous night had already been cleaned up. Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment