Sunday, September 21, 2014

A RETURN TO LA SHION! Setagaya's Ultra-Bar Sets the Bar!


Earlier this week, I paid another visit to La Shion, an eating and drinking establishment owned and operated by actor Shunichi Okita, who portrayed Ichiro Yamanaka in Ultraman Ace (1972-73) for Tsuburaya Productions.


During my visit, Okita-san signed my Ultraman Ace DVD, which was previously signed by actress Keiko Nishi. I was very pleased to add another member of the Terrible Monster Attacking Crew (TAC) to my DVD sleeve!


The restaurant is a great place for tokusatsu fans to visit. Not only does it have plenty of cool Ultra-memorabilia for watchers of Tsuburaya Productions, but you can also meet one of the stars of a Showa-era Ultraman program! How cool is that?


To read a bit more about La Shion and Okita-san, please follow this link. Okita-san is always a warm and friendly host, and I hope I have a chance to return in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment