Saturday, May 31, 2014

SUMMER APPROACHES TOKYO! The Weather Gets Warmer, But Things Remain Just as Busy!


A quick note to mention that I met former Toho player Toru Ibuki at his office again on Thursday, May 29. I was able to spend a couple of hours with him and discuss his career at Toho and his current pursuits. Ibuki-san is a wonderful and welcoming gentleman, and I appreciate every time I visit him.


On Saturday, May 31, I attended a small Godzilla event with SFX director Teruysohi Nakano. The event with Nakano-san was limited to 15 people, so I'm happy I made it. As always, he told many interesting and funny stories (especially about the many octopuses used in King Kong vs. Godzilla) and was a class act all the way.


Nakano-san is always very friendly, and his events are always worth attending. I got a couple of things sigfned (including a Godzilla 1985 poster) and was quite pleased with everything. Now it's off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment