Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tokyo: A Weekend Recap

Hanging with actress Shelley Sweeney, one of my favorite people in Tokyo!

Okay, folks, here's a quick recap of some of my activities over the weekend.


I had a great dinner with Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster director Yoshimitsu Banno. He discussed some of his recent projects, his life growing up, and a few other things.


I also got to meet Tora-san in Asakusa!


Well, actually, I saw the Toho war epic The Imperial Navy (1981) on the big screen. It was made even more interesting by occasional bickering in the audience by older Japanese men!


Hanging with my buddy Ulf Otsuki. If you don't know him by now, read more of this blog!


At the Cine Pathos in Ginza with director Yoshikazu Ishii and William Ferguson of Neptune Media. We attended a Kumi Mizuno film event, which screened Matango (1963) and War of the Gargantuas (1966). Ms. Mizuno then was interviewed onstage and gave out signed copies of her new book to the crowd. She and her manager recognized me and greeted me warmly. Definitely a highlight of a fun weekend with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment